More power to publishing companies
Find-it for Media
Find-it for Media is a plugin for existing editorial systems and Web-CMS in publishing companies. Its lightweight interface is easily integrated – yet, it is flexible to support a range of functionalities and workflows. It is preconfigured and can generate value out of the box – at the same time, its many configuration parameters can be tuned to meet specific requirements. The plugin is available as a cloud service (SaaS) and
Increase efficiency for editors while maintaining high quality
Combined with Find-it, your existing editorial system provides editors with more efficient research tools:
1. a more precise search functionality to find existing assets;
2. relevant background information as you are typing an article (such as related articles or information from knowledge bases); and
3. automated filters or subscriptions to all incoming agency reports and emails on a specific topic. That way, editorial work can be faster and produce the same quality of articles.
Find-it for Media helps to avoid duplicate efforts: Its results point editors to existing articles on the same topic as the article they are currently working on. Editors will notice early on duplicate articles on the same event – and benefit from research results conducted for previous articles on related events.
Boost user experience & revenues for your news website & app
Combining Find-it with your existing Web-CMS increases user engagement, conversion rates
Online topic pages are brief online articles on a recurring topic, displaying teasers to all recent articles on this topic. Find-it for Media automatically populates these topic pages and proposes trending topics as candidates for new topic pages. Such topic pages serve as relevant and consistent landing pages for both online readers and search engine bots. This increases user engagement and has positive SEO effects – especially when some of your articles are protected by a paywall.
Personalized recommendations of online articles increase user engagement as online readers will be pointed to content that is likely to match their interests. They may take the form of widgets of article links or even a personalized start page (in addition to your default start page). That way, you effectively increase user engagement, user loyalty, page impressions, and conversion rates. Find-it for Media enables your CMS to support personalized recommendations. Moreover, by connecting your ad server, it can also provide personalized recommendations
Semantic enrichment of textual assets
Underlying all functionalities, our semantic engine automatically assigns keyword tags to all textual assets such as articles, incoming agency reports, emails, office documents, image metadata, and technical texts. These keywords are classified as locations, persons, organizations, products etc. Keywords link to external knowledge bases and thus enrich the respective text. Moreover, locations are assigned together with their geographic coordinates (geotagging).
High accuracy and usefulness of tagging results are ensured by means of elaborate semantic content analyses. By taking the entire text as context, the semantic engine is able to resolve ambiguous terms in the text and decide which entity is most likely referred to in the text. That way, users can search for texts on a specific person, even if there are other people with the same name. Likewise, the engine recognizes synonyms and other alternative names or spellings for the same entity. That way, users can search for an entity by a single name and still find other texts talking about the same entity by a different name. Ambiguous terms and synonyms are very common phenomena, and where many other tagging systems leave it to the human worker to deal with these issues, Canoo Find-it takes care if them automatically.
The tagging is fully automized. Nevertheless, editors might add or delete tags when needed. The engine continuously learns from such editorial interventions and tunes its future tagging decisions more and more to the editors’ overall preferences.
Cloud Service (SaaS)
- No operation costs on your end
- Cost control: Recurring costs are a fixed monthly fee
- Product maintenance and product support included
- Failsafe due to redundant architecture
- Recommended for publishers with a small and medium number of published articles per day
- With this option, you operate the software in your own infrastructure
- Installation of software, keyword catalogs and updates is typically done by Canoo
- Cost control: Recurring costs are a fixed yearly fee for maintenance and support
- Failsafe due to redundant architecture (recommended)
- Recommended for publishers with a large news archive and many published articles per day
- Lightweight, yet flexible interface
- Find-it for Media returns structured data to the client system (editorial system or CMS)
- Advantages when integrated into a CMS: Layout and styling is completely done inside the CMS, and all customization can be done in the CMS backend
- Recommended for editorial systems and for medium-sized and larger news websites
- With this option, Find-it for Media returns fully rendered HTML snippets to your CMS frontend (option does not apply to editorial systems)
- Layout and styling is customized inside Find-it
- Advantages when integrated into a CMS: Integration is very simple
- Recommended for smaller news websites and for experimental use
Find-it for Media v.3 (released July 2018)
Functional improvements and enhancements:
- Full multi-client capability: several publishing companies may now jointly use the same Find-it installation.
- The standard keyword catalog now identifies even more synonyms.
- The updated catalog includes a significantly increased number of keywords and synonyms.
- At the same time, numerous troublesome synonyms were removed.
- Locations in the standard catalog are now being displayed together with the postal code.
- Customer specific regional knowledge base: additional types of keywords were added and maintenance support has been improved.
- New indexing components
- Comprehensive quality improvements in regards to indexing (assignment of keywords to articles) for all keyword catalogs
Besides these, Find-it for Media 3.0 provides numerous technical improvements, e.g.:
- Improved interaction with connected systems (editorial systems, web CMS) to support diverse customer requirements.
- A changeover to Solr 6
- Optimized RAM requirements and performance
- System warmup to avoid delays during the first requests